The IGCSE Programme, administered by the University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), is firmly established and recognized world-wide.The curriculum is designed to think globally and act locally. We at Greenwood High school believe in student centric learning. The IGCSE curriculum is designed to facilitate this learning. The varied subject choice helps in holistic development of the child.The faculty is experienced and trained in the curriculum. They work as facilitators so that students learn to take responsibility of their own learning. The idea of learning at Greenwood High is to develop a mind which is analytical, creative and inquisitive.
Features of IGCSE
- The curriculum prepares for higher-level courses such as the AS and A level, International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, and the North American APT (Advanced Placement Test);
- Has worldwide recognition and is equivalent to the Certificate of Secondary Education from Indian education boards, General Certificate of Secondary Education, and O Levels;
- The curriculum evolves and brings in local economies and cultures within a global context, hence ensuring that students gain a wider perspective while recognizing and valuing their own environment; They have also introduced a new subject as India Studies.
- The curriculum develops a balance, inquisitive mind which makes process of learning fun and interesting.
- Ensures a broad-based education, while encouraging a degree of choice.
In most subjects there is a choice between core and extended curricula, making IGCSE suitable for a wide range of abilities. As per the Association of Indian Universities, a minimum of five passes with grades A, B or C is equivalent to 10(Ten) years Secondary School Certificate of an Indian Board.